Pages

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Attached Behaviors in WinRT Metro Style App

Although you don't get the convenience of the Drag and Drop approach to using Blend Behaviors many have become used to, the Attached Behavior pattern still works with WinRT XAML applications. Even better, the underlying mechanism is unchanged.

I have a confession to make. I was never a fan of the Blend Behaviors anyway. I think they add complexity where it's not necessary (and I could never recall how to manually add them to XAML by hand). I always preferred to implement the pattern as an attached property on a dependency object rather than extending the Behavior class from the Blend SDK. It might be because, when I learned the benefits of what would later be called the Attached Behavior pattern, it had yet to be supported by Blend.

Read full article here
Here is the Gist that contains the behaviours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Informer Button