Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

How to use Telerik Metro RadPieChart control in Windows 8 Metro App

When I first started developing for Windows 8 platform (XAML+C#) more than 2 months ago, I noticed that some of the controls that one would expect to see on a serious platform were missing. Mainly, I was missing charting controls and DatePicker control. I never expected the SDK to include charting controls, because I’ve never encountered those as a part of the official Microsoft SDKs, but controls such as a DatePicker should’ve been included for XAML developers, too (apparently, one is available for HTML devs). Luckily, I discovered Telerik Metro controls. Let’s see how to use the RadPieChart control and bind it to a ViewModel.

As I said, I first discovered Telerik controls while they were in the preview mode. Back then it was only available if you requested it via e-mail and waited a few days to be allowed in the program. Now they released the public beta with a much much better demo app and forum support. In the preview version, I had some trouble using the RadPieChart control to bind it to my ViewModel. The lack of documentation and initially support made it impossible to figure it out. Luckily, their forum is great so I got support after all, and now I’d like to share the solution with you.

Download the Telerik beta controls from their website:

http://www.telerik.com/products/windows-metro/overview.aspx

How to use Telerik Metro RadPieChart control


Read full article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Informer Button