Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

8 Quirks Windows 8 XAML Developers Should Understand Before Starting Their Metro App

It’s no secret, I love XAML. I write XAML, I talk about XAML, I dream in XAML. Sometimes that’s true – especially in the middle of a project. Sometimes people misconstrue that I don’t like HTML as a result, but as a father of three daughters, I can assure you picking favorites isn’t a requirement – even if I have a favorite. ;) But as a Metro developer, there are some things XAML developers should know that will save them serious time. I wish I had this list to start!

Look, this blog is not about complaining. There is no time for that. We need to get building. This is about saving XAML developers time by letting them know the deltas between their previous XAML development experience and what to expect in Metro. Metro XAML is new, right? Yeah - it’s still in beta as I write this. WPF is a decade old and SL is half that. They have a head start and Metro XAML is winding up. In the meantime, I let’s help each other save time. 

PS: remember when Silverlight was only JavaScript? Things enhance! Meanwhile it is what it is. Don’t waste cycles complaining. Build with what you have!

Read full article here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Informer Button